Mexico’s Vanessa Ponce De Leon Crowned Miss World 2018

Vanessa Ponce de Leon, a 26-year-old model from Mexico, was on Saturday, December 8, crowned as the winner of the Miss World 2018 beauty pageant.
The Mexican model was crowned by the 2017 Miss World, Manushi Chhillar, at the 68th edition of the pageant in Sanya City Arena, China.
It is the first time a Miss Mexico winner has been crowned Miss World.

“I can’t believe it, I really can’t believe it… And I think all the girls deserved it. I am proud to represent all of them. I will do as much as I can in the time I have got. Thank you so much, everyone,” Vanessa said after winning the crown.

The colourful ceremony included US group Sister Sledge performing their 1979 disco anthem “We Are Family.”
First runner up was Thailand’s Nicolene Pichapa Limsnukan, a 20-year-old studying business administration.
Miss Belarus Maria Vasilevich, Miss Jamaica Kadijah Robinson and Miss Uganda Quiin Abenakyo were among the final five.
It is the eighth time the Miss World final has been held in Sanya, which first hosted the pageant in 2003.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falz – “Famzy Anthem”

Nigeria’s Petroleum Agency Speaks On Plan To Increase Petrol Price

Court Bans Sales Of IPhone In China